A healthy recipe packed with protein and fats, basically an "energy ball" with a Valentine's Day twist. These would be an excellent healthy and low-sugar alternative to bring to a classroom Valentine's Day party, your office break room, or to gift to your loved ones this month!
These bites are packed with raw nuts and seeds, collagen, and delicate rose petals paired with rich cacoa chocolate powder. Did you know you an eat rose petals and rose hips? Both have a relaxing + calming effect and are high in Vitamin C. They are also very festive as you celebrate the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday!
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup of pitted dates
2 TBS black sesame seeds
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1 TBS crushed rose petals or rose hips
4 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in food processor.
2. Blend ingredients until they come together in a paste consistency.
3. You could add 1-2 more dates of 1-2 tsp of honey to make them a stickier consistency if needed.
4. Use a tablespoon to measure out about 1-2 TBS of the mixture into your hand and roll into balls.
5. Coat the outside with more rose petals and/or pink crunchy Himalayan salt if desired for presentation.
6. To store extra balls, you could place one a Dioro baking mat to freeze individually. Then place into a bag or container for long term storage in the freezer.